Senior Frontend Web Developer - Houston, TX
We’re seeking a full-time, Senior Frontend Web Developer who thrives in a high-impact environment. You will work as part of a hyper-creative team with the goal of producing stunning Web sites that make our competitors weep in frustration.
Key to succeeding in this position is a team-player attitude (and aptitude), as you will be working with a diverse group of individuals with specialized skill sets. The technical and creative support of your team will be critical to your success, even on projects you “own.” Every project is different and demands different levels of technical skill, time management and creative drive; be ready to explore new and emerging technologies and meet the expectations of clients looking to do the next big thing. And be cool. In that dork-cool kind of way that means you’re super-smart, super-talented, ready for a challenge, and devoted to antisocial digital activities.
- Code websites mockups created by our design team
- Program PHP websites in WordPress, freestanding, or for integration into an enterprise CMS.
- Code responsive email blasts and HTML5 banner ads in Google Web Designer, Sizmek, and Flash
- A portfolio of work demonstrating coding skills
- Strong knowledge of design principles, typography, user interfaces, Web standards and usability
- Ability to implement Web site concepts within parameters provided
- Solid understanding of design pitfalls, especially with regards to Web standards and browser compatibility issues
- BS/BA/AD degree preferred
- 3 to 5 years of PHP/HTML/CSS experience
Must have working knowledge of the following:
- HTML5 methodologies and components
- CSS-based layouts using SASS compiled style sheets
- PHP and MySQL
- Wordpress implementation and development
- Cross browser compatibility and understanding of accessibility
- Adobe Photoshop
- Keen attention to detail
- The ability to use exceptional organizational, written and verbal skills to be an active diplomat and problem solver
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong desire to learn and willingness to take initiative
- Must be able to work within a multi-segmented team
For more than 35 years, Adcetera has sustained a fast-paced and dynamic yet fun-loving team environment. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including full employee health coverage, a generous paid time off policy, and a discretionary bonus plan. We reward longevity with a retirement plan and an internal promotion strategy. The most recent 2016 Houston Business Journal Book of List ranks Adcetera as the second largest Houston–area advertising and marketing agency.
Send us your cover letter, resume, and either a link to your portfolio or 3-5 work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adcetera is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.