About the Job
Officially, we’re looking for a production artist. Ideally, we’ll find a unicorn. Said unicorn may have any combination of the following skills, and at least one superpower:
You’re a stickler for brand guidelines and your eagle eye is legendary. You don’t cut corners, but you know plenty of Adobe shortcuts. Perhaps you’ve discovered the well-kept secret to unlocking Microsoft PowerPoint. You have an eye for creative, but you’re more of a “numbers person.” You see in Pantones and live for press checks. You are neat and maybe a little OCD. You know what to look for in a production file and where to look for it. Most importantly, you bring creative visions to life — color correcting, image editing, and production proofing to pixel perfection — and are comfortable doing so for both print and digital. You’ve got talent, experience, discipline … and yeah, a little magic.
There’s one more thing, and this one’s mandatory: you work well with people. In this position you’ll work closely with designers, account managers, writers, and developers to understand the desired end goal and help us produce the caliber of press- or web-optimized release files that’s earned us an excellent reputation with our vendors and clients.
- Producing, building, and managing the production process for print or digital placement
- Developing, creating, and maintaining layouts in a variety of formats, including page layout, merchandising, displays, catalogs, image manipulation and proportion, spec sheets, and checklists for standards
- Organizing and maintaining project files in a fast-paced work environment
- Troubleshooting digital files before releasing to printers
- Advising and providing guidance for process improvement
- Attending press-checks and overseeing and directing vendors
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat, as well as Microsoft PowerPoint and Word (proficiency in web or animation programs a plus)
- Proven working knowledge of print production processes and principles of typography
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Healthy sense of humor
- Two years or more experience in an agency or corporate environment
Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field (preferred)
Named HBJ’s Top Advertising Agency for 2016, Adcetera offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including a discretionary bonus plan, full health coverage, and a generous paid time off policy. We reward longevity with a retirement plan and an internal promotion strategy.
If you have a relevant degree, 2–3 years of experience (or the work equivalent), and are looking for a friendly, creative work environment, send us your cover letter, resume, and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adcetera is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.