About the Job
Are you the one? The perfect match ... the best of “both worlds”—a design eye and appreciation for print and digital production? More than the occasional working-’til-sunsets and long-walks-down-a-hallway? We’re looking for someone who has had a long-term relationship with traditional production. Who understands line screens and CMYK values. And who embraces the passion for pixel perfection and cutting-edge technology, such as digital websites, banners, EDM, and social media design.
We’re the one for you. We’ve been around for over 35 years. While we’re grounded in traditional principles, we also know that staying on the forefront of technology is essential for a long and successful future. If you are like-minded and open-minded, we’re the agency you’ve been looking for. We have a talented team of individuals who share skillsets and enjoy camaraderie. You’ll work hand-in-hand with all of our teams—design, production, content, interactive, motion, strategy, and account service. Working well with people is a must!
Responsibilities (subject to change depending on strengths and experience)
- Producing, building, and managing the production process for print and digital
- Developing, creating, and maintaining layouts in a variety of formats, including page layout, merchandising, displays, catalogs, image manipulation and proportion, spec sheets, and checklists for standards
- Organizing and maintaining project files in a fast-paced work environment
- Troubleshooting digital files before releasing to printers
- Advising and providing guidance for process improvement
- Attending press-checks and overseeing and directing vendors
- Cleaning up and delivering web-ready design files to developers
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat as well as Microsoft PowerPoint and Word (proficiency with InCopy, Adobe XD and web or animation programs a plus)
- Proven working knowledge of print and digital production processes and principles
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Healthy sense of humor
Named one of Houston’s top advertising agencies in 2017 by the Houston Business Journal, Adcetera offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including a discretionary bonus plan, full employee health coverage, and a generous paid time off policy. We reward longevity with a retirement plan contribution and an internal promotion strategy.
If you have a relevant degree and 5+ years of experience (or the work equivalent) and are looking for a friendly, creative work environment, send your cover letter, your résumé, and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adcetera is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.